Last October, Google introduced Google Workspace – an enterprise collaboration system for the modern workforce. This left some G Suite users wondering what would happen to their accounts. The simple answer is G Suite users needed to transition to Google Workspace.
Since then, Wursta has been working with clients to switch their subscriptions from G Suite to a new Google Workspace plan. Now, we want to lend a hand in transitioning customers to Google Workspace before Google begins automatically transitioning them starting on January 31, 2022.
Who is impacted by the transition from G Suite to Google Workspace?
Only clients on a flexible month-to-month G Suite Basic or G Suite Business plan will need to make the switch to Google Workspace by the end of January 2022.
Clients on an annual or multi-year commitment with G Suite Basic or Business do not need to transition to Google Workspace until renewal time. However, there is an option to make the switch before the fixed-term plan ends.
How to tell what type of G Suite plan you have
If you are unsure if you’re currently on a flexible G Suite subscription, you can log into the Wursta Client portal and verify your plan type in the Licenses section. Or, contact your Wursta Account Manager who can help you out!
Next steps on switching to Google Workspace
On October 27, Wursta is hosting a webinar to answer questions and provide more clarity on this transition. Register here to join us.
If you are on a flexible G Suite Basic or Business plan, begin exploring the new Google Workspace plans and compare features to see what best suits your needs. While evaluating your options, take into consideration the following:
- Google Workspace Business Starter, Standard, and Plus editions are only available for clients with less than 300 users.
- Google Workspace Business Starter and Standard editions do not include Google Vault.
- Google Workspace Enterprise Standard and Enterprise Plus editions offer more advanced security features.
- Google Workspace Enterprise Standard does not include the security center or investigation tool. These are only available with Google Workspace Enterprise Plus.
- Google Workspace Frontline is a new offering designed for frontline workers in manufacturing, restaurants, hospitality, etc. who need less storage space in Google Workspace (up to 2GB).
Wursta customers: connect with your Account Manager for assistance in choosing the right plan that will suit your business needs. We’re here to help!