Last year was a hectic year, to say the least, and no department was expected to roll with the punches more than IT. Empowering an on-premise team to go remote in a matter of weeks (or for some companies, days) was a challenge everyone faced in some capacity. Now is the time to look back and see how that shift has affected your company’s technology, productivity toolkit, and security. Use the questions below to help guide your company’s use of technology in 2021.
7 questions you should be asking when evaluating your tech stack
- Is the solution you’re using cloud-friendly, scalable, and aligned with your business goals?
- Does everyone in your company know what tools are available for them to use?
- Can everyone access the tools they need easily and securely?
- Are your users using the correct Gmail to sign in or did they accidentally sign in using their personal Gmail?
- Do you have multi-factor authentication set up and required throughout your company?
- Are your accounting and HR operating systems still the most secure options for your team?
- Is everyone on the same communication tools, like messaging or video conference applications, or are people having to clarify which tool to use when doing something as simple as sending a message or hopping on a video call?
Wursta is here to help
We’ve expanded on some of these topics in our recent post about three things a CTO or CIO should care about in 2021. If you are unsure about some of the answers to these questions, we’re here to help. Let’s connect to discuss the best way to optimize your tech stack or go through a complimentary security review.