Automating Tasks with Apps Script and Google Workspace
At the end of August, we hosted a webinar which took a deep dive into the common use cases of Apps Script with Google Workspace for organizations. For the full demo of Apps Script use cases, click here for the recording!
What is Apps Script?
There are two key features of Apps Script:
- One is, Google has pre baked most of the Google Workspace API libraries into Apps Script, making it easier to access Workspace services like Gmail, Calendar, and Drive
- The second is, it is entirely web based. No need to install 3rd party coding tools like VS code or NPM packages to get started. You can still use tools like VS code to sync your files, however being web based allows you to open the scripts anywhere, on any computer by simply going to scripts.google.com. You can also access the tool through a Google editor like Sheets or Docs by clicking “Extension – Apps Script” inside an editor’s menu bar to start coding.
There are three methods to deploy or use Apps Script:
- As standalone scripts that have no user interaction and work in the background
- As container-bound scripts which are tied into a Google Doc, Form or Sheet
- As a web application using html as the front end of the application, allowing user interaction.
What can Apps Script do?
- Add custom menus, dialogs, and sidebars to Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- Automate processes through triggered actions
- Write custom functions and macros for Google Sheets.
- Publish web apps
- Build add-ons to extend Google Workspace.
- Streamline Hangouts Chat workflows by building a chat bot.
- And so much more!
To watch the tool in action, view the recording to see a demo on Gmail auto deletes directory and Drive folder creator! Our experts will also show an example of how to integrate Apps Script into your Offboarding framework.
How can Wursta Help?
- Low-Code/No-Code (LCNC) with App Script
- LCNC Appsheet Development
- Quick implementation Off-boarding Packages
- Full stack Custom Development
Wursta is here to help you Navigate all things automation with Google Workspace.
Using Google helps in so many ways – collaboration, data integrity, security, device management, infrastructure management, and more. If this sounds overwhelming, that’s why we’re here!
As industry experts, we have your best interests at heart and are committed to your overall success. For more information on how Wursta could help implement automation tools like Apps Script within your organization, check out the webinar recording or contact us to schedule a meeting with our experts!